Nanorobotics is a technology of creating machines and robots at the microscopic scale of a nanometer(10^-9). Nanorobots would typically be device ranging in size from 0.1-10 micrometer. The main element used will be carbon in the form of diamond/fullerence nanocomposites because of strength and chemical inertness of the form.This chapter overviews the state of the art of nanorobotics, outlines nanoactuation, and focuses on nanorobotic manipulation systems and their application in nanoassembly, biotechnology and the construction and characterization of nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS) through a hybrid approach.
- Track 1-1 Nanorobotics in Surgery
- Track 2-2 Diagnosis and Testing
- Track 3-3 Nanorobotics in Gene Therapy
- Track 4-4 Nanorobots in Cancer Detection and Treatment
- Track 5-5 Biomedical Applications of Nanorobots
- Track 6-6 Manufacturing Approach
- Track 7-7 Bio Chips