A Nanocomposite is a multiphase solid material where one of the phase has one, two or three dimensions of less than 100nm or structures having nano-scale repeat distance between the different phase that make up the material. Nanocomposites consists of one or more discontinuous phase of distributed in one continuous phase. Continuous phase is called MATRIX, where are discontinuous phase is called REINFORCEMENT. They are of categorized into two types Polymer based and Non-polymer based.
- Track 1-1 Metal/metal Nanocomposites
- Track 2-2 Metal/Ceramic Nanocomposites
- Track 3-3 Ceramic/Ceramic Nanocomposites
- Track 4-4 Polymer/Layered Silicate nanocomposites
- Track 5-5 Polymer/polymer Nanocomposites
- Track 6-6 Bio composites